Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back Again

I'll be the first to admit this final post is a bit belated, I returned from Japan on Sunday, but I needed to go ahead and finish out the blog for this trip.

Tokyo was a lot of fun, although Emily and I kept encountering closures.  First the Tsujiki Fish Market (which I mentioned was largely our fault for not reading it is closed on Wednesdays) but then the NHK Studio Store was closed too!  No vast amounts of domo-kun merchandise this trip!

But we still had a lot of excellent food as a consolation.  After spending the day walking all over Tokyo, we had some all-you-can-eat sukiyaki.  Traditionally, after the meat or veg is cooked in the pot, you dip them into a bowl with a beaten egg and some seasoning.  Well, I figured when in Tokyo...  No illnesses reported so just deliciousness all around!

This final picture is on my return trip to the Hombu dojo to buy a few gifts.  I didn't practice this day since we were leaving Tokyo in a few hours.  I'll definitely be going back though!

Well that's it for the Japan travel blog!  Until next time!

No comments: